From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 2008 08:30:35 -0700
>>CCD may or may not be a real syndrome

> 5-10% excess mortality isn't real enough?
>  Gross symptoms [1-16]
> Curious that no one wants samples from me,  I had to bug OBA to come and
> of course they have no test for ccd

Yes, curious.

Interesting list of symptoms.  Especially about the ants.

If symptoms and diagnosis are that clear-cut and obvious, then solving the
mystery should have proven to be less elusive than it has proven to be.
After all, we have a long time and concentrated firepower on it.

> most demoralizing to see the poor response, both from TPTB and this very
> BBS.

What were you expecting from this 'BBS'?

To be precise, BEE-L is actually not a 'BBS' at all, but a mailing list
(Thank Heavens!), and known for critical discussion -- not for cheerleading,
faith-based beekeeping fireside chats -- or effusive outright sympathy.  We
try to be polite and agreeable but for some of us that turns out to be a
real chore.

That having been said, you have my sympathy and I hope that whatever is
behind your losses can be explained and cured.

Whether it is "a real syndrome" or not as questioned by several, is not the
issue.  You are experiencing real losses and the name or classification of
the phenomenon is unimportant.

allen
---

Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of
trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and
success achieved. -- Helen Keller (1880 - 1968)