Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 1995 00:43:00 EDT
>Does anyone on this list know of research directed toward the development
>of a pheromonal or other chemical attractant  that might lure those little
>red rascals away from the bees?
>
>*************************
>*     Joseph Cooper     *
>*************************

Joseph:
        It is my understanding that considerable work is being done in this
field at present.  Perhaps other readers will have more information but the
one article I have at my finger tips is :

Trouiller,J.,G.Arnold, B.Chappe, Y. LeConte and C. Masson. 1992.
Semiochemical basis of infestation of honey bee brood by Varroa jacobsoni.
J.Chem.Ecol. 18:2041-2053.

Good Luck

Gordon Allen-Wardell
Extension Apiculturist