From:
Harry Goudie <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Oct 1998 20:58:03 +0100
-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Wenner <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: 15 October 1998 03:51
Subject: Advice given by a panel of international experts

>   As some of you on BEE-L might suspect, I could not help but note the
>following comment on BEE-L (Excerpt from The Scottish Bee Keeper October,
>1998 Vol.75 No.10):
>
>***********
>
>>"Ignore the internet! On this the panel was unanimous, the reason being
>>that any idiot has access to it and every idiot adds his ha'penny worth
>>of nonsense so that it becomes very difficult to sift the wheat from
>>the chaff."
>
>>The experts (beekeepers) hailed from Belgium, England, Wales, and New
>>Mexico.
>
>***********
Hi All,
I suppose I have to defend the Scottish Beekeeper here.  The Scottish
Beekeeper is a monthly magazine published by the Scottish beekeepers'
Association  http://www.user.zetnet.co.uk/scottish-beekeepers/ and is free
to members. Since the Association has its own Internet sub-editor
[log in to unmask]   I assume that it does not agree with the
"Experts" opinion!
 The offending article was written by Archie Ferguson who claimed to be
attending a course  in the Republic of Ireland when the incident took place
and was just a report on what happened at the meeting.
As far as I am concerned I think that even "Experts" have a right to their
opinion and I don't see what the fuss is about.  What I found interesting in
Archie's article was that the Irish Government paid a compensation of 80
pound sterling to each hive destroyed!!  I am surprised that the whole
beekeeping population of Ireland were not claiming to have varroa!!!
Harry Goudie,
Lochluichart, Scotland.
Knitwear Page: http://freespace.virgin.net/luichart.woollens/