From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Apr 2008 11:25:03 -0500
> based on various reports and news stories, it would appear that this
> season we could hear of real
> pollination shortages as spring and summer unfolds.

I spoke with California yesterday and it seems a shortage of packages and
queens could be developing. However the queen and package producer I spoke
with said he shook packages a month ago and moved those hives from almonds
to the coast and he said those bees are back up to 10-12 frames of bees and
ready to shake again.

So far his bees look great! he normally would not have returned to even
think about shaking bees from those hives so soon but the demand for bees
and queens grows each day. He has already pulled bees from over 10,000 hives
for packages. Luck might be on the beekeepers side this year if package
producers can shake bees again this soon.

bob