From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Aug 2005 08:57:51 -0400
Dave Cushman wrote:

>Something like one in 50,000 among the general population and about one in a
>hundred among beekeepers and their close families.

I cannot comment on the numbers but the incidence is greater with both
beekeepers and their families. There is a reason that family members
have more allergic reactions, even if they have nothing to do with your
beekeeping.

Please remember to change outside you house and keep your clothes and
equipment away from your family members. Just the trace amounts of bee
stuff you bring into your home will sensitize your family members and
will make them more prone to a true allergic reaction.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine