Date:
Wed, 6 Oct 2010 09:07:09 -0700
From: Mary Jane Phifer:  "Now we have essentially two large nucs with good
laying queens.  How best to handle the situation?  Ideas???  Current thinking???
.
.
Mary Jane,
       I have used the resources found in the following links.   Brushy Mountain
Bee Farm has some pretty good stuff.   The first link is to a page showing all
the videos available for perusal.   The subsequent first link is how to
overwinter a nuc and the second is just overwintering in general.
      Of course, the comments made here on BEE-L are usually worth consideration
too.  It's just that the videos below have pictures along with the
presentations.   Makes for interesting viewing.
      As with all suggestions, evaluate what is given and pick and choose what
is relevant to your situation.   Best of luck in overwintering those nucs.  I
have about five I'm trying to build up to successfully overwinter myself.

Mike in LA
.
.

http://www.brushymountainbeefarm.com/Resources/Videos.asp

Over Wintering Nucleus Hives w/ Larry Connor
  July 20, 2010 - 1 hr 10 mins

http://www.brushymountainbeefarm.com/downloads/20Jul10_OverWinteringNucs.wmv
Over Wintering Bees and Beekeeping Discussion Panel
  Sept 21, 2010 - 2 hr 4 mins

Getting Ready for Winter with Kim Flottum
  June 18, 2009 - 1 hr 35 mins

http://www.brushymountainbeefarm.com/downloads/18June09_GettingReadyForWinter.wmv