From:
Don Bowen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 29 Apr 1996 15:22:15 -0700
At 05:48 PM 4/29/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Dan Bowen:
>
>You mis-read my message about the True Value Hardware Store ant poison stuff.
>I didn't say anything about "blue" stuff. Which is okay, I am not
>complaining.

The stuff I picked up at the local True Value is in a plastic bottle and has
a blue tint.  You use by placing a bit on a square of cardboard.  It is
labled Pic Ant Killer.  Active ngredient is listed as 5% borax.

>What is the formula for your mixture of borax soap, honey and water - how
>much of each? Perhaps some others reading Bee-L would be interested (besides
>myself).

I just mix some borax soap in water until the borax is mixed competly then
mix in sugar or honey until it is also mixed in.  We used borax soap from
the box to get rid of a flea problem several years ago.  Just scatter it in
the carpets and let it sit for a bit.  Then vaccumm it all up.  A couple of
applications and the problem went away.

    Don Bowen                      [log in to unmask]
    Valley Center, CA              Senior Software Engineer
    Bee Point acres                Smith Automation Systems, inc
    USDA Zone 9, Sunset Zone 21

    organic gardener, woodworker, beekeeper, reader
    1936 Farmall 12         1966 Corvair Corsa 140 Convertible
    1 wife, 3 kids, 2 dogs, 1 cat, 2 acres, no TV