Date:
Mon, 1 May 2000 22:16:21 +0200
> have enjoyed seeing posts from south africa on the bee-list again
> (where's garth cambray?)...any experience with capensis and/or scutellata is
> of value worldwide, thanks for sharing...

Happy to be on the Bee-L. This is my first correspondence barring the notice of
the Bee Course we are convening. I started off on a bit of a bad note ... what
with the vibes last week! Sorry, have never heard of Garth.

A short resume: We are based in Cape Town, work exclusively with A.m. capensis,
pollinate extensively (deciduous, pome and some summer stuff) produce and pack a
variety of monofloral honeys.

I have been serving on the committee of the Western Cape Bee Industry Assoc. for
12 + years, am a delegate to the SA Federation of Beefarmers' Associations and
on the Southern African Bee Industry Executive. For the Assoc. I convene the
course and edit a newsletter "CAPENSIS" dealing with social, technical and
newsworthy articles, relevant to A.m. capensis beekeepers.

I hope any input from me to this discussion group will be of value. I also hope
that I may, on occasion glean relevant input for our members from this DG. I
will request e-approval before doing this though.

Greetings, happy beekeeping, good discussion and God bless

Robert Post