Date:
Thu, 20 May 1999 22:22:23 -0600
Hi Ken,

We purchased fifty 3-lb packages of NWCarniolans this year and all but
one have consumed 3 gallons in the past 3 weeks.  I've been checking
them more regularly lately and found they'll consume their 3/4 gal
feeder in just under 2 days  - so yours & my bees are probably more like
little 'oinkers' than we've allowed them to show us.

I'll keep feeding them until the nectar is really coming in, gaged by my
older hives.  You should be just starting your flow (?) so I'd keep
feeding them for the next 2-3 weeks, or at least until they have a full
deep drawn.  "Bigger the better" on starting new packages - especially
on new foundation.

Regards,
Matthew Westall
Castle Rock, CO