From:
Date:
Thu, 10 Feb 2000 16:11:56 -0700
At 08:58 AM 2/11/00 +1200, you wrote:

A full featured, solar-powered, digital weather station with 400ft of
wireless transmitting capability is about $1000 U.S. Bought one last week.

A wireless thermometer from Radio Shack about $60 for receiving station and
remote sensor.  Additional wireless sensors, about $20-30 each.

>As a reality check...
>
>An analogous system to remote hive monitoring is remote weather monitoring.
>What is currently on the market and at what costs?
>
>My apologies for not doing the foot work on these two questions.
>
>John Lewis

Jerry J. Bromenshenk, Ph.D.
Director, DOE/EPSCoR & Montana Organization for Research in Energy
The University of Montana-Missoula
Missoula, MT  59812-1002
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]
Tel:  406-243-5648