From:
Roy Nettlebeck <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Oct 1996 11:49:53 -0700
On Mon, 14 Oct 1996, Jerry Fries wrote:

> Lets give up the grandstanding and try to offer answers  to problems which
> we can use.

 Hi Jerry and all, We do have our own opinions and that is the way
progress is made on any project.Teams win , and don't ever forget that we
are all on the same team. We do want the best for our bees.We all feel bad
when we loose bees to any pathogen. I agree that we need to focus on a
long term fix for the mites and quit throwing rocks at each other.We are
all frustrated with the problem. Lets solve this problem the right way. We
have researchers all over the world working on this problem.They did not
get all of there education just for something to do with there time. They
are dedicated to learn more and help solve problems as they come up.We
should not shoot ourselves in the foot by doing anything that would get in
the way of real progress. I have a great deal of respect for our
Beekeepers and those researchers that are making a positive effort to help
and learn more about our bees.Beekeeping has changed and will continue to
change , we have to change with it and help others see the changes.This is
not easy and it is very complex . We don't have all of the natural
pollenators out there anymore. We have planted crops in very dense
concentrations  so the Honeybee is needed more now than ever before.We
have more responsability in helping to put food on everyones table.
 We need hard facts and let loose of some of our egos so we can learn and
change with the times.We have some very wonderful people on this list.Many
of them have never posted a note.We do need to keep the info on the list ,
so we can all learn from each other. We do need fresh ideas and there are
no stupid questions.
 God Bless the Bees and all of us.
 Best Regards
 Roy