From:
Kieren Sunderland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 4 Aug 1995 14:53:52 +1000
Hi,

I am a beekeeper from Dubbo in New South Wales, Australia.

I am wondering if anyone can advise me if they have heared or readed of any
reasearch that has looked at the minimum area a hive of apis needs to
sustain the hive from year to year.  Also the foraging habits of apis with
regards to them cross pollinating flora.

I ask this as we are having trouble with environmentalist saying that feral
bees are taking nesting sites of native animals and are causing
hybridisation of native flora.  This has been a reason for the exclusion of
beekeepers from National Parks in New South Wales.

Hope this works, this is my first attempt.

Regards

Kieren Sunderland
Dubbo
New South Wales