Date:
Fri, 18 Sep 2009 08:23:25 -0400
Hi All,
Usually a lurker, I just saw "The Last Beekeeper".  It will be aired again this afternoon on "Planet Green" on Dish Network as well as some others, I am sure.  In response to the show, I would like to suggest reading an article in the most recent "Discovery"  magazine that may go a long way in explaining the situation.  It discusses the current breeding programs and the stresses we inflict on bees for our own benefits and in the name of breeding stronger and more resilient, productive bees.

As with any other species, man's intervention and "breeding" for what we perceive is better, may have just come back to bite us in the butt!

Coleene