From:
Ted Hancock <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2018 11:00:32 -0400
http://community.lsoft.com/scripts/wa-LSOFTDONATIONS.exe?A2=ind9808E&L=BEE-L&P=R993

In August of 1998 James Bach wrote:

"I find that usually only about ten
to 25 percent of queens last from April introduction to June the following
year.  I usually find that 25 percent of my newly purchased queens don't
make it to July.  While breeders usually tell me and other beekeepers that
we are the cause of the losses, I know its not true.  Many of the beekeepers
I know have been using the same queen holding and introduction process for
ten to 20 years."