From:
John Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 17:07:51 -0700
"Gary C. Lewis" wrote:

>    The numbers (40 a year) sound resonable to me. In a population of
> 260+ million there would be a very small segment of that/any population
> that would/could die from any number of "very rare" conditions or
> events. Bee sting deaths would fall into the very rare catagory.

Three people have died in Arizona of "mass stingings" since the AHB arrived
here, with one of those a man in weakened condition from cancer and
chemotherapy. The dates were 10/95, 10/95, and 4/97. I believe Texas has had
2 human deaths from mass stingings. Dogs, especially ones tied in backyards,
have suffered many more deaths than humans here.
  - We have found no historical record of human deaths from mass stingings
in Arizona before 1995.
--
John F. Edwards
Biological Lab. Technician