From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jan 2009 22:25:58 -0600
he "Italian" bee, stops producing brood in late May,...The
U.S. bees thus are not feeding heavily in June and July when the heaviest
pesticide applications are made, while French bees are."
Randy said:
Statements such as the above make me question the author's research into the
subject, and his conclusions.

As far as the above Randy posted
I agree as all beekeeping is local . The above is not correct for the deep
south, Midwest and upper Midwest. Each of these three vary by around a
month. I see the point Michael was trying to make but could be better
worded. French beeks have said similar to me fo might be his source.

Michael is right on in his research on the CCD survey and the section 18.

As I said from my first post Michael has done an excellent job gathering the
know facts on the issue and putting in print. His hypothesis on the issue
and mine are not exactly alike but his research is extensive and research
for a book of this kind is a higher amount than many many bee magazine
articles.

My reference was to "The Mother of All Field experiments" which starts on
page 99 bottom.

The  hypothesis as presented is easily checked by checking the states with
the most reported CCD on the CCD working group survey and then checking the
section 18 permits for those states.
Did the CCD team check as we did Jerry?
I am betting Bayer did.

I thought maybe a coincidence until I checked in Canada and found the same
coincidence.

bob