From:
Mike Tooley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Aug 0101 06:25:23 GMT
  I have been watching this non-native plant debate with interest for a few
years now,first with yellow star thistle ,now with purple loosestrife.As a
beekeeper I admit a definite prejudice in favor of these horrible invaders(NOT)
I know the Gov.Ag.people spend alot of time and taxpayers money trying to get
farmers to eradicate these plants,but I wonder if maybe these plants arent
really the demons they are made out to be.(example-they say muskrats avoid
loosestrife.In this area they have been trying to curtail muskrat erosion to
riverbanks for years,now they want to eliminate loosestrife)
 I sense it is 'politically correct'to jump on the non-native species
bandwagon.Just count me in the 'let nature take its course'group.

Mike

This message was sent using InterStar WebMail