From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jun 2007 09:59:27 -0400
> >>Another set of experiments involved grounding the queen excluders.
>
> What is this?

One of the brothers noticed how uncomfortable he would get when he built
up a static electric charge while working, and how he felt much better
after lying down on the ground to lose the charge.  He extrapolated this
to his bees, and thought that perhaps if he grounded the metal queen
excluders his bees might also benefit by losing any static electric
charge they might have aquired.  My recollection is that the beekeeper
was relieve thinking he had done something to benefit the well being of
his bees but it remained uncertain if there was actually any real
benefit for the bees.

Aaron Morris - I think, therefore I bee!