From:
Bob Harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jun 2009 21:04:50 -0500
Hello Randy & All,

>I find a paper by Drs Matilla and Otis to be of interest:

Interesting paper! Winter bees are only of interest to those which winter in
the north. I doubt of little interest to those preparing bees for almonds.

In my mind there are still more questions than answers concerning winter
bees but our experiments have yielded a few answers.

bob

Ps. huge honey  flow in the Midwest. Many beekeepers( not me but will relay
information to the right beeks)  looking to buy or borrow
supers.
8th. of June and many supers full. Many beekeepers which have been
getting prices for bulk honey between 1.50 to 1.70 (gouging fellow beeks?)
are not happy.
These beeks better dump your honey fast as prices will fall quickly as
fresh honey hits the market.
Many of us ( myself) believe 2009 will be a honey year like in the late
nineties.( last huge crops in Missouri 1995/1997)
bob