From:
Ellen Anglin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 May 2001 22:37:05 -0700
 My bees sometimes build come above the top bars of the frames (Between the frames and the inner lid.)  when they are crowded- not enought space, or are running out of space to store honey.  Give them more room!  Scrape out the wild comb- if you leave it thre it is just going to cause problems again when they reattach it to the lid.  Makes a real mess.  When I examine my hives I clean up any "wild" or bur comb that they build just to keep things tidy and easier for me to work.  (The space between the lid and the top of the frames can hold about 5 lbs of honey, and it makes a real mess when you break it up!)

Ellen

  pech <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi....I'm New to the beekeeping world and have a question that I
have,nt
been able to track down in any books or archives. The other day I
opened my brood super to check everything, and the bees had made comb
over the frame. So much so that it was stuck on the lid. When I put the
lid back on I rotated it so the stuck comb was in a differrnt place. Is
this normal? Should I try and correct this now somehow? The swarm was
put in abot two weeks ago and I live in Louisville Ky. Thanks Dave