Date:
Mon, 26 Nov 2001 02:17:14 +0000
I'm looking for information on the evolution of honey bee's and their
stings.

Primarily when did this evolve?

Did stinged solitary bees become social? Or did stingless social bees evolve
stings?

Are there many solitary stinging bees?

Are there many stingless social bees?

Which evolved from which (according to the fossil record)?

I'm interested in using the data in research into group vs individual
selection in the units of selection aspect of Darwinian theory.