From:
Alden Marshall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 31 Aug 2005 16:23:10 -0400
----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Brenchley" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 31, 2005 5:36 AM
Subject: Re: [BEE-L] Just Wondering

> In a message dated 31/08/05 09:14:23 GMT Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
> writes:
>

> Not only that, but drone larvae are very useful  fishing bait. There could
> even be a potential market if a regular supply could  be maintained.
>
>    Regards,
>
>    Robert Brenchley

Robert,
Thanks for the reply.
    Perhaps there is, a two queen colony with intermingling, one queen
fertile and the other not. I suspect the comb drawn in the infertile section
would be mostly worker size, don't really know. Of course one could install
drone foundation but without wire if for human consumption. Even that could
be acceptable depending how the brood is prepared.
    If my market demands, I may have to try this but, for the time being the
200 colonies are supplying the current demand. I almost enjoy mite control.

Alden Marshall
B-Line Apiaries
Hudson, NH  03051