From:
Charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 10 Aug 2018 08:34:22 -0500
Regarding standards, I think I have made it clear that a product that performs as advertised is what beekeepers seek.

That’s clear as mud!. What advertising problems do you think have been misleading???

Actually I am totally confused at the changing winds.  We want to be modern and try to make better queens in one moment,  and back to the old way which is the same for the last 100 years in the next?

Personaly,  I would love to see us get some standards and some real goals.  I do think we are probably limited by eggs per lifetime type details,  but at least a common grading would be a good start.
Dave Tarpy has done a ton of work on this,  but so far as I see,  the only thing shown so far is we don’t know squat!  Despite a lot of work,  we have no real measurement,  and as of yet no standard.  This is NOT a reflection on Daves work,  but on the difficulty of identifying a trait that’s significant.

As I see it the only way to move forward is to establish some measurement standards and test sites.

Charles