From:
Guy Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 6 Aug 1997 20:06:22 -0400
Hands up who loves the varroa mite.

Me!!!

I just heard that the varroa mite may be the creature which will keep the
Africanized Honey Bee from my neck of the woods.  If it's true that the
mites are killing off all the feral bees, they are doing me a great favor in
slowing down, or maybe even stopping, the northern journey of the feral AHB.

As long as I can effectively medicate my bees, I think my "girls" and I will
be Ok.  But, if and when the AHB becomes resident in my area, I'll have to
start looking for a new hobby.

Mom was right - some clouds do have a silver lining.

Guy F. Miller           "Start every day with a smile, and get it over with."
Charlottesville. VA                                     W.C. Fields