From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 15 Oct 2005 09:06:02 -0700
James Fischer and All Readers Here:

Well, it seems that James gets around with his posts, but I
have decided to post here another reply to another inquiry
I made of Hans-Otto here for all to read. Then since
Malcolm (Apis) reads here, and beesource readers read here,
where Mr Fisher is currently running hot with talk,  they
can take the information too for further disclosure, rather
then me running around.

When talking to Hans-Otto Johnsen about the discussion here
he gave the following information which he allowed me to
post.

>Author  Topic: Disputed Report on "Small Cell Test" In
Norway (Beeculture
09/05)http://www.beesource.com/cgibin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_profile;u=00000
>191>Jim Fischer
>Field Bee

>I sure hope that Hans-Otto Johnsen's
>"pre-publication" of the results will not prevent
>publication of the actual results ...

Mr Johnsens publication was not a pre-publication. In the
Norwegian Bee Journal 'Birokteren' 2-2005 an artcile was
published by Stine Helland and Liv Seather giving a first
report for the years 2002-2004 of their test. Their results
given do not differ concerning one of the test beekeepers
from what Johnsen gives. Johnsen does not give any figures
from the season of 2005. The difference with the Johnsen
report is that he gives more information from the same
period from his experiences. Stine Helland and Liv Seather
say about the results from test host Hans-Otto Johnsen
(quote from the Norwegian Bee Journal):

'..less mites in the small cell group through out the year
than in the big cell group. The results were statistically
significant. Also we got a statisticly significant
difference in mites on bees in November. Also here
it was less mites in the small cell group. This beekeeper
also had a higher honey yield in the small cell group than
in the big cell group.'

Also it should be stressed that the article of Johnsen was
not in first place about small cell size, but about his
beekeeping outfit and how he survives as a commercial
beekeeper with 600 colonies. Here small cell size is a
vital part. The figures given are given to explain his
choice in using small cell size.

I thank Hans-Otto for the preceeding information.

Sincerely,

Dee A. Lusby

Yahoo! Music Unlimited
http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/