Date:
Fri, 19 Jul 2002 20:48:08 -0400
I have one question: has Dee or anyone else observed a swarm from a 4.9 mm
colony escape into the wild and start a feral colony whose average wild cell
turned out to be 4.9 mm ?  My interest is in knowing if the 4.9 mm size
becomes permanent with bees once they have been downsized or do bees upsize
to some size slightly above 5.0 mm despite having been downsized previously.

The answer to this question might shed some light on the allegedly natural
nature of the 4.9 mm size.

Waldemar
Long Island, NY

>>I do wish all the 49ers success and hope you will keep us posted on
> progress.
>
>  I wonder if going even lower to say 4.8mm might be even better?  Maybe
> 4.7mm would be better as closer to cerana cell size. Just thinking out
loud

Introducing NetZero Long Distance