From:
Christina Wahl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 10 Sep 2015 21:30:58 +0000
Randy wrote:  I'm not yet sold on probiotics.  I'd rather breed a population of bees that
favors favorable gut bacteria.

According to work done on humans and probiotics, it is the diet that determines favorability for the optimal gut biome.  Not genetics.  I'd imagine it's no different for bees....can you think of a reason why it would be different?

I'll be interested to hear more about your work with Eyal and how it is based on breeding techniques as opposed to GMO methods.  Can you elaborate? The only studies I've seen of his are GMO papers.

Christina