From:
Date:
Mon, 14 Feb 1994 14:33:28 -0700
Jane, There is an entire book devoted to this topic.  I have to dig a bit
to get the reference.  I suspect the author will pop up in a moment to
answer your question.

The whole idea of mites and feral bees is one that many researchers are
looking at.  The Tucson bee lab has had this on its agenda for some time
now.  You may wish to contact Dr. Loper.  Unfortunately, Tucson doesn't
have email.

Dr. Eric Mussen (spelling??) in CA reports all feral colonies have heavy
varroa infestations.  He predicts Varroa may wipe them out, leaving the
spaces available for Africanized bees.

Jerry Bromenshenk ([log in to unmask])