From:
bob harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 28 Mar 2000 08:31:38 -0600
Murray McGregor wrote:

> In article <[log in to unmask]>, Bob Harrison
> <[log in to unmask]> writes
> >The easy way of doing ten to twenty at a time .........etc
>
> A pressure washer, set to the highest temperature, just blasts them
> clean in seconds.
> Hello Murry,
 I have used the power washer myself and does work great. For years i
have been putting most excluders  in my Better Way wax melter but then i
have to pay the 220 electric. I use a comb honey frame i make myself
from obsolete end bars from Dadant bargain shelf. Which will fit a
bottom bar  the out of business Leahey bee supply made and a couple
cases were gave to me as a friend  bought them at a sale and they
wouldn't fit any of the frames he sells. I then make the two top pieces
on my table saw. Its similar to a comb honey frame David of River Valley
Apiaries in Canada uses. They work great. I bought the better way to
clean those comb honey frames and started using the better way to clean
excluders. The garbage bags or the better way melter won't get the
propolis off like a pressure washer. I have never had any problems with
using the power washer except getting wet! The other two methods do save
the wax but the washer is the choice for large numbers! i did use a car
wash washer once but spent a huge amount of time cleaning up the stall
as i am the only beekeeper around and figured i would get a knock on my
door from the car wash owner if i didn't!
Bob