From:
Allen Dick <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 31 Oct 1996 21:24:23 -0600
I started answering this as a personal response, then thought that
it's about time to remind the new members how to go back in history.
...So I'm sending it to the list.

> I am writing to you since as I understood you run the Bee-L
> list. I wonder why can't I get to the archives of the group?
> Is there any problem, or the archives are not available
> anymore?

Well, I don't actually run the list, but I do particpate frequently
as one of the 500 or so equal particpants -- such as yourself.

Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]> is the brains behind this list
and keeps it running.

As for me, I've just been around for a while, and at one time used
to carry the archives on my WWW  server.   Since the Logs have grown
very large and been broken into weekly segments it got to be too
much work and I gave up.

Adam F.  was keeping all but the most recent log on Sunsite -- along
with logs from sci.agriculture.beekeeping , but I don't know if he
has added any since I quit sending them to him. Maybe he'll say.  I
know he is pretty busy too.

http://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/academic/agriculture/entomology/beekeeping/
is a good place to start looking around his site.
(Actually I just looked and the last BEE-L log I see is LOG9605).
maybe I'll order up all the intervening logs and send them to Adam so
he can install them in the archive.

(Actually one of the reasons I quit this archiving was that I was
never hearing from more than the occasional person using them.  If
enough people write me and request them, it gets me feeling inspired).

And, BTW,  if all else fails, you can still get the archives by email from

By sending a message saying

get bee-l log9610A

log9610a means the log for 10th month of 96 and the letter 'a' means
the first week.  Use 'b' for the second week, etc.

Please give me some feedback if you care about these logs on the web
and also let me know if you need more help.

Regards

Allen

W. Allen Dick, Beekeeper                                         VE6CFK
RR#1, Swalwell, Alberta  Canada T0M 1Y0
Internet:[log in to unmask] & [log in to unmask]
Honey. Bees, & Art <http://www.internode.net/~allend/>