From:
Dee Lusby <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Oct 2006 09:42:16 -0700
Michael Palmer writes:
So, a question for you. Do you see the similarities in our
management plans?

Reply:
So why didn't you say this up front in the first place?

continuing:
I get tired of you and your disciples blasting everyone who
doesn't follow your path.

Reply:
This could be said of other management styles where
treatments and feeds are applied and thought to be normal
courses of action for keeping healthy bees.

continuing:
HOwever if our styles are so similar, not that I wasn't
raised in New York state and learned beekeeping there
upstate, funny you didn't bring the similarities up prior
in posting. Glad you are qualifying what you do with the
weak colonies, for absorbing them into your outfit for the
benefit of the stronger is certainly the way to go and a
good way to get rid of them. One always splits/divides from
the strongest to keep strong healthy bees and absorbs the
weak and gets rid of them letting them go. In the mean time
if they disappear on own merit thoroughout the active
season, you pick up the equipment and upon examining if
okay you reuse.

But still, I am against the feeding of sugar and artificial
feeds and will not be proded by you or others into seeing
such actions as okay. But then you have your point of view
and I have mine and what is natural to bees and the forage
they are raised and kept upon. YOu hold back real of each
for emergencies or know of where to obtain it.

Regards,

Dee