From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 6 May 2010 22:53:06 -0700

> >My hypothesis:
> When mites are present so are virus like KBV and when present nosema
> ceranae
> is more of an issue.

Sounds like a very reasonable hypothesis, Bob!

> >After all the one factor found in 100% of the CCD samples was KBV & nosema
> ceranae.

The study that you are referring to was only for a relatively small group of
hives from the East Coast, so I'd hesitate to extend to all CCD collapses.

>as for the neonicotinoids those of us which have seen losses can not really
believe there are still doubters about the neonicotinoids causing bee
problems.

Well, since you are citing CCD studies, you might also note that no neonics
have ever been linked to CCD.  Perhaps there are doubters because a great
many beeks run their bees on neonic-treated crops without problems, and
others (such as myself) have experienced CCD losses without exposure to
neonics.

Randy Oliver