Date:
Mon, 3 May 2010 08:13:28 -0600
> Allen just reported very good over-wintering in Styrofoam hives and spoke
> as if "Beemax and Swienty" hives were approximately the same product.
> Allen, is that the case?  Last I knew, the Beemax products were far
> superior to those sold by Swienty.  At the time I am referencing, Swienty
> was purchasing their hives from a producer in Sweden while the Beemax
> hives are produced in North America.  Perhaps either or both have changed.

Murray is the expert on this.  He has used far more of both than I.  My
samples I have are from 2003 or so, but I am currently pricing another
order.  Hints on deals anyone?

For my purposes, I can't tell the difference between the two.  I have only
one Swienty and I'll look for it and see what I can see.

The Swienty are superior IMO in that they are one piece, but shipping is
more costly.   I never did glue the Beemax and although they have held
together just pressed together, I cannot pry to crowd frames without some
movement at the joint.   I guess with good glue, they would be similar in
that regard.

 I don't use either company's floors.  They are not practical for me.  I use
their lids, but over a pillow, with a rim or inverted single pallet on top.
My friends build their own wooden insulated lids.