From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jun 2013 16:00:13 -0700
>The completely off-base hoopla in the media about vaccines
> causing autism was NOT supported or instigated by working scientists!

Wasn't Dr. Wakefield a "working scientist"?  See
http://www.bmj.com/content/342/bmj.c5347.full
for how the hoopla began.

Reminds me very much about some of the current hooplas involving honey bees.

I'm a great supporter of the sort of grinding, diligent research
needed to understand the reasons that things are the way they are (I'm
currntly grinding away at a few myself) .  I abhor activists that jump
to unsubstantiated conclusions.

Randy Oliver