From:
John E III Taylor <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Apr 1995 11:33:11 GMT
Joseph Cooper wrote:

> I wonder if there are others who use rolled up corrugated cardboard.  It is
> certainly in plentiful supply and--when coiled to the proper density--it burns

 for long time.

I've used twigs and scraps of wood when I've had them, but my mainstay is also
corrugated kraft board (the ubiquitous cardboard box).  I never throw them
away any more (although my wife does when I'm not looking), but cut them into
strips and roll them to fit the smoker.  I regard the cardboard as a fire
source to get green vegetation smoking, but it does a reasonable job by
itself, as well.

When I get the bees moved from suburbia down to the farm, guess I'll use some
of the (natural) bailing twine--I have to pick it up off the ground anyway,
might as well stuff it into the smoker.  Most of our bails come bound with
poly, but we still get the occasional lot that's fibre bound.

John E. Taylor III     W3ZID     | "The opinions expressed are those of the
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]      | writer and not of Rohm and Haas Company."