From:
Barry Birkey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 20 Sep 1997 13:56:04 +0000
(Thomas) (Cornick) wrote:

> Mine are made from cheesy 1/4" luan and similar plywood that I get free.
> The trick to keeping them sound so far has been a rim of real wood on both

All of mine are made with 1/4" luan plywood and a solid piece of 5/8" x
3/4" pine used as the outer frame that has a dado in it for the plywood.
Just as you would buy one. I have painted all sides of the covers and
find them to hold up very well. Keep the proper bee space above the
frames and protect the wood and you shouldn't have the problems you've
described.

-Barry

--
Barry Birkey