From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 5 Jul 2015 13:20:02 -0700

> >Each of our associations has a spray liaison officer and farmers make
> contact before spraying if there might be a problem.  It all worked well -
> in 30+ years of beekeeping I have only had one spray incident.

The question was not about incidents with honey bees--it was about other
nontarget insects, which are typically indiscriminately killed by OPs and
pyrethroids.  Peter, have you observed survival of non Apis pollinators
after the spraying of the other classes of insecticides?

Re the higher rate of application of clothianidin on canola in the EU.  I
was the one who brought it up, since it surprised the heck out of me when I
found out when I was corresponding with the lead author.  Since the margin
of safety is so narrow for neonic seed treatments, I wonder why the EU
allowed the higher rate?

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA