From:
randy oliver <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 3 Jan 2012 08:02:30 -0800
>Nobody said anything about a patented bee.

Actually, Allen, you posted:
>maybe they see some almost free, low hanging fruit to add to their
portfolio of proprietary life forms.

A "proprietary life form" would certainly imply a patented bee.  Sorry to
misunderstand your implication.

> >Is it true, Randy, that you find yourself working for Monsanto now?

"Working for" would suggest that one is getting paid.  I'm not getting
paid, nor speaking to anyone from Monsanto save the Remebee folk and Jerry
Hayes.

In fact, for the current large-scale field trial, the involved beekeepers
(including myself) were required to pay for the treatments out of their own
pockets.

To be frank, I find the suggestion that I am working for Monsanto to be
puerile and insulting!

This is supposed to be a discussion group, ostensibly for adult discussion.
 I've already stated that I dislike mega corporations and industrial
agriculture.  But that doesn't mean that I can't discuss them rationally.
 Simply because one is rationally discussing information about a business
doesn't mean that one is in love with that business.

On the flip side, Monsanto is not in love with me--I have no access to
their proprietary information.  And I am free to criticize the company in
any way I feel (and I am very critical of a number of their practices).

I sometimes tire of the uninformed posts to this ostensibly informed
discussion.  In the age of the internet, there is no excuse for ignorance
other than sheer laziness.

If one were truly interested in Monsanto's interests in RNAi, one can
easily find it with a few clicks of the mouse.  No need to veer off into
wild speculation and conspiracy theory.

--
Randy Oliver
Grass Valley, CA