From:
Bill Truesdell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Nov 2007 08:22:06 -0400
I do not know if the Honey Organic standards for the US have been
approved, but there are standards out there, just they are semi-official
but can get "organic" on the label per the USDA.

Also, I believe that the EU document is a guideline and each Nation has
their own particular standards, some stringent and some not. That
situation is not unlike what we have here in the US, but we seem to be
on the stringent side. Many of us could be organic beekeepers in some EU
countries with little additional effort.

Bill Truesdell
Bath, Maine