Date:
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 18:42:38 -0500
To Aaron and other members of Bee-L;

> !!! INFORMED Discussion of Beekeeping Issues and Bee Biology !!!

I'm sorry to have been the one to write the letter that prompted you,
Aaron, to shout informed both in the opening line of this post and as a
permanent part of the reply to line of the header.

> I have not heard any allegations against Jerry Stroope, would hesitate
>
> to pass on any unsubstantiated allegations and encourage others to do
> the same.

I guess my problem is that I have heard these allegations, we received a
letter sometime within the last three months that outlined the
allegations and the charges that were going to be brought by AHP against
Jerry Stroope. I wish that I could now locate that letter, so I could
substantiate what I said in my other post. Perhaps it is again naivete
that I believe when an organization takes a member to court, it would
take a vote of (at least) the officers of that organization to do so,
and that the officers would not vote to do so unless it was clearly
indicated. Not being one to look for more complicated reasons for
anything, I simply had not considered that there could possibly be a
personal vendetta or conspiracy and that the allegations against Jerry
Stroope could be completely false. For this I apologize to Jerry
Stroope.

> If there are indeed charges against Jerry, this is the land
> of innocent until proven guilty.

Yes,  it is the land where the law says we are innocent until proven
guilty. It is also the land where I get to voice my opinion, and my
opinion is that if someone is an alleged embezzler or thief, I do not
want to send them money--for any reason. Perhaps if I personally knew
Jerry Stroope, Richard Adee or some of the other officers personally, I
would feel better able to evaluate whether the allegations had merit or
not. Since I don't, my simplistic view that the vote of many (and this
does assumes a vote) carries more weight than the vote of one. That is
all I was saying and I'm sorry again if it offended any of you.

> > Besides, is it not a bad idea to further split beekeepers into yet
> > another group?
>
> Great point!  Seems to me that the AHP and the ABF have reached
> agreement on what to do with the NHB, seems COMB isn't comfortable
> with
> that agreement, so now we'll have three (four?) factions quibbling
> over
> the issues and ultimately no one will be served, but we'll waste a lot
>
> of time, money, effort and bandwidth to accomplish nothing.

Thank you, and I concur that COMB is unlikely to accomplish much. This
seems especially likely if  Walter Patton continues to spout conspiracy
theory and accusations at anyone who questions the organization or its'
members.

> Problem is, I don't know how EVERYONE will reach an agreement, I have
> nothing new to offer regarding the issues, hence I'll stay out of it.
>
> Requesting that subscribers clearly label further discussion of this
> alphabet soup in the Subject header with a key word of 'POLITICS' for
> the benefit of those who care to avoid the discussion.

Not a problem to include POLITICS in the header and I probably won't
participate in this discussion any further. Seems futile (feudal?).

Sorry again for any stress I may have caused,
Kathy
(thinking I may have to work on my cunning behaviour if that was it...)