From:
"J.F. Hensler" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Mar 1999 08:45:04 -0800
I threw together my own grafting wax last season after giving away the
commercial stuff....... It attracted dirt, cats, and was difficult to
use.

Easy recipe: Melt 4 1/2 to 4 3/4 oz. Beeswax in 1 qt. Mineral oil stirring gently and constantly.  Let cool. That's it.
We did both notch and angle grafts, laid on the grafting wax, then wrapped the join in plastic grafting tape.
If you want an exceptional skin balm, just add four or five opened vitamin E caps as well. The balm works the same way on skin as it does on grafts... it keeps the moisture in. Hands stay soft. Scion wood doesn't dry out and die.
Christy Hensler
Skip & Christy Hensler
THE ROCK GARDEN
Newport, WA