Date:
Wed, 9 May 2007 19:48:47 GMT
>>Also shows today queen supercedure is higher than anytime in our
beekeeping history.

This is true of today's managed hives.

I was recently reading Walt Wright's articles on using 3 deeps for
the brood nest.  Swarming is insignificant in such hives but
supercedure does occur quite frequently (I assume it's not due to
chemical treatments in the wax).  It would be interesting to study
supercedure trends in large cavity feral colonies.

>>In both cases I left the large nicely formed supercedure cells.
Mistake? Does the beekeeper know better than the bees?

Bob, please report on the outcome with these cells.

Waldemar