From:
Stan Sandler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 18 Oct 2008 05:56:46 -0300
I was wondering if Trevor or another Australian beekeeper would update the list regarding in incursions of apis cerana around Cairns in Queensland last year.  I googled the subject and found that another hive and swarm were found earlier this year that are thought related to last years incursions.  How are you dealing with the situation?  Did varroa destructor or jacobsoni come in with the bees?

With the finds this year of varroa in South Island NZ, and in Hawaii it seems varroa is pretty close to conquering the bee inhabited world.

Sorry,
Stan