Date:
Thu, 11 Oct 2012 08:41:52 -0600
 > accoriding to two former N.Y. inspectors that I have contact with, a
bee inspector if he finds a problem/problems in my yard, can't notify
other beeks in my area, thats there standing orders.

Yes.  Privacy regulations typically require that inspectors do not
identify specific offenders until that information becomes public by
proper means such as a court case or permission is granted by the
affected party.  If the beekeeper with the problem agrees to be
identified, then the inspector is at liberty to discreetly inform
affected parties as to the source, but a good inspector is usually very
discreet and keeps confidences.  Without respect and confidence from the
beekeepers in his/her integrity, an inspector cannot function effectively.

However in absence of such permission, inspectors _are_ at liberty to
mention that a specific region is at risk of a specific threat as long
as doing so does not point a finger at anyone who does not wish to have
the problem publicized.

He/she can also approach n earby beekeepers and say that he/she has
reason to think they should be on the lookout for XYZ without saying why.

I should add, too, that in a healthy culture, where those with disease
or pest problems are assisted, not punished, that beekeepers often
approach their neighbours and authorities to alert them and also for
support.

If your local beekeeper culture is not open and helpful, why not?