From:
charles Linder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Aug 2014 11:16:09 -0500
Regardless of the value with which one views his "system", a comparison of
survival rates from Dzierzon's day with today is about as valid as a
comparison of automobile fatalities from Dzierzon's day with today.

James,  in your missing the point.  Auto fatalities are up fro Dzierzons
day,  but horse related accidents are way down.

Things change was the point,  and despite all the gloom and doom from the
press bee die offs are not unprecedented,  and not out of control.  Bee
numbers in the US are up,  same as Canadian and if the collosus's report is
right,  Europe also.

Of course things are a bit different.  I also doubt you got much information
like the Washington bee kill in 1920.   OMG  50'000 bumbles dead....  not a
single reporter mentions "wow"  there are 50'000 bumbles feeding on those
trees?..... whats that say about the population in general.

In the older days bad reporting and junk Science we a bit less
sensationalized.

Charles