From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 1997 14:30:18 EST
It's true that the NHB has not mounted campaigns that compare to:

               "Got Milk?"
               "Beef, it's what's for dinner!"
or
               "The Incredible, Edible Egg!"

Hell, they're not even in the same league as the California Raisins or
"All we ask is a pack a week" (almonds).  However, the National Honey
Board has been instrumental in finding new markets for honey - honey
cereals and honey beers (I must admit I'm hard pressed to think of more
examples).  The NHB (as mentioned in the previous post) DOES have a
number of recipe pamphlets and fliers available for a few cents which
can be successfully used to promote honey, although distribution of
these pamphlets and fliers is left to associations and producers rather
than being aggressively distributed by the NHB.

I was surprised that the NHB missed an opportunity to promote General
Mill's "Save the Honey Bee" campaign (did anyone ever hear the final
outcome of that campaign?).

It's true there's room for improvement from the NHB.  Beware however
that we not throw out the baby with the bath!

Aaron Morris - I think, therefore I bee!