From:
Mark Lowes <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mark Lowes <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Mar 2007 13:04:07 +0000
On Sat, Mar 10, 2007 at 09:01:39PM -0600, Lionel wrote:
> While losses are the norm, and I have had a few here in North Alabama this
> Winter, I had a swarm on Thursday of this week, March 8, 2007. That is as
> early as I have ever heard of around our area. Anyone else having
> swarms??

I moved my hive this morning (Somerset, UK) and they're very very
active with lots of bees on the outside of the hive which I tend to
find indicates they're congested inside.  I'll be sticking a super on
shortly (this is double brood setup already) to try and postpone the
chance of them swarming until it's a little warmer and I can take a
nuc or an artificial swarm.

I wouldn't be surpised to see swarms in the UK at the moment.
--
Mark Lowes <[log in to unmask]>