From:
Metro Propolis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Nov 2014 17:12:47 +0000
> They spend their time issuing press releases and chasing anyone with a camera, and often become the go-to person for the media, as they do not mind the sensationalism and the errors of the media, as long as their name and
photo appear somewhere.  The dead give-away is that the photo credits in such "reports" list the name of the self-aggrandizer, who submits photos featuring fresh-faced "interns", amazingly-new-looking gear, and with the
prefab ersatz "news" story to every blogger and reporter with an email address, knowing that all reporters will, at some point, will write a "bee article".

James, I didn't know you were from Calgary. :-)

Biologist Kathryn Myronuk observed that "all complex ecosystems have their parasites".     This applies to Oceans, beehives, and equally to governments, FIFA Organizing committees, and Communities of Beekeepers.

>Does Mr. Rich meet this model?  Look at one article linked below, and decide for yourself.

Ahhh... he is instantly recognizable from a Ted talk he did a couple of years back.    Summary: "The bees are dying, more awareness is needed, and I happen to run a side business placing bees at urban locations".

It was sometime even before him that Ted Talks stopped breaking any new ground, as they became more about drumming up publicity for someone's pet project or promoting their kickstarter fundraiser.

> NB:  I realize that I may have not been the only one to attempt to "save the whales" long before "saving the bees" became an issue, but I had only one spare bathroom at the time, so I could only save one whale in one bathtub.
It will ease your conscience to know that there is a nascent Starfish crisis.     Hopefully they will make more agreeable bathmates than your whale.
"Scientists zero in on what’s causing starfish die-offs."http://www.pbs.org/newshour/updates/scientists-zero-whats-causing-starfish-die-offs/