From:
Aaron Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Apr 1998 08:58:16 EST
Most equipment suppliers are playing within the same ballpark - prices
are roughly the same.  Sometimes one supplier will have equipment at
a SIGNIFICANTLY lower price, but beware that what you purchase may not
be what you think you are buying.  I was less than thrilled last year
when the lowest priced inner/outer telescoping covers I could find
arrived made out of cheap paneling and particle board!  The supplier
was not willing to pay return shipping so I was stuck with the cheap
stuff.  Fortunately, the cheap stuff will not last for long.

But I digress.  The point I started to make is that roughly, most suppliers
charge ABOUT the same, so the thing to look at is shipping charges.  It
makes little sense to save a few bucks on the product when you have to
shell out big bucks for it to arrive at your door.  I think the best
price I have seen for woodenware was/is at Western Bee Supply.  But what
I save from them I pay to UPS to get the quality, well priced woodenware
from Montana to New York.

Ian in Niagra might get the best overall deal from Dadant in Waverly, NY
(607) 565-2860 or more likely, Betterbee in Greenwich, NY (1-800 632-3379).

Aaron Morris - thinking don't forget the shipping!