From:
Ken Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Oct 1998 20:14:06 +0800
    This is my first post to BEE-L: I have been lurking in
the background for a couple of years now, and have found the
postings to this list to be very informative, with a minimum
of rubbish.

    I am a small commercial beekeeper in Western Australia,
and today a client for whom I was removing some nuisance
bees asked a question I couldn't answer.....

    Does eating locally-produced raw honey reduce ones
reaction to airborne pollen i.e. hay fever? He had heard
claims made to this effect, and thought that, as a
beekeeper, I should know the truth.

    I thought it a very good question. I can see that it
might be of help if ingesting and digesting samples of the
local pollen produces any degree of tolerance. On the other
hand, I don't know that breathing and eating the stuff are
in any way equivalent vis-a-vis allergies.

    I hope this first attempt to glean some information from
the BEE-L readership bears fruit. Thank you all for the
information and entertainment I have received so far.

Regards,
Ken Morris <[log in to unmask]>
Hillgrove Farm, Batavia Coast, Western Australia
Phone: (08) 9926 1087 Fax: (08) 9926 1338
http://www.wn.com.au/hillgrove
Bees & Honey, Beekeeping Software and Website Design.